All personal information provided to La Camara is treated as private,other than publishing your membership information, for example, in directory of members. La Camara does not sell any data provided by you to third parties.
What we collect?
We collect personal information in relation to La Camara members to maintain La Camara Membership Registry (under the Corporations Act 2001), issue receipts for member’s annual fees, issue invoices for La Camara activities, and to send out periodic newsletters and other communications relating to internal and external events and our work.
This information will include:
- Name and street address.
- Telephone numbers.
- Email address.
- Credit card and/or bank account details.
- Meeting attendance records.
- Contact log.
Why we collect your personal information?
We only collect, use and disclose personal information for the purposes for which it was given to us, or for purposes which are directly related to one or more of our functions or activities. These include:
- Recruitment of La Camara staff.
- Recruitment of La Camara volunteers.
- Communication with our members on La Camara activities.
- La Camara membership management.
- Marketing activities.
What it is used for?
We use your information for the following activities (this is not an exclusive list):
- To publish it in our directory of members.
- To list you as a member on our website
- To keep you updated on any upcoming events organised by La Camara or by members of La Camara.
- To keep you updated with La Camara’s newsletter or any other relevant communication.
- From time to time we may use your personal information to send you direct marketing materials. In circumstances in which you no longer wish to receive direct marketing materials from us in future, you may contact us at any time using the contact details provided below.
Please note that unless requested by you, your contact details are included in our member directory (online).
While La Camara website provides links to business and trade and investment organisations, we are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by those sites.
Through your La Camara membership and/or event registration you consent to the use of your contact information to other La Camara members.
We do not give information about you to government agencies, organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- You have consented.
- You would expect us to or we have told you we will.
- It is required or authorised by law.
- It will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s health or life.
- The disclosure is reasonable necessary for law enforcement or for the protection of public revenue.
- We might disclose your information to our external service providers, but only to the extent required.
Information quality, access and correction
We take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect is accurate, complete and up-to-date. These steps include maintaining and updating personal information when we are advised by individuals or companies that their personal information has changed and at other times as necessary.
You are in control of any personal information you provide to us. If at any time, you would like to correct the personal information we have about you or if you would like to change your preferences for contact from us, you can let us know by contacting us at the email or postal addresses listed below.
You can access the personal information we currently hold about you or request that we change that personal information at any time. We will allow access or make the changes unless we consider that there is a sound reason under the Privacy Act or other relevant law to withhold the information. If we cannot agree to make requested changes to personal information, you may make a statement about the requested changes and we will attach this statement to our records. You may also request access to personal information we hold about you in archive for legal and administrative reasons, which are not current records [but if you do, we may charge you for the cost of providing access].
You may request at any time that you remain anonymous when dealing with us, and to the extent that it is lawful and practicable for us to enable you to do so, we will accommodate that request. However, if personal information is not provided in full where we have indicated that it is required, we may not be able to process your request, recruit you as staff or enable you to become a member of La Camara.
Updating your information/questions/complaints about privacy:
Contact Number: 0421 036 001
Address: La Camara, Edgecliff Centre, Suite 408,
203 New South Head Road, Edgecliff NSW 2027