8 April 2020
Continuing with its Business Webinar Series, La Camara organised a Webinar on COVID-19: Australian Visa Update for Employers and Applicants, sponsored by La Camara’s Corporate Members Squire Patton Boggs.
This webinar covered the latest updated information relating to visa applicants and employers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Current processing of visa applications – What is the impact?
- Travel restrictions and strategic considerations for ongoing employer sponsored applications currently on foot
- Visa holders in Australia – compliance considerations for visa holders and employers
- Compliance issues to consider for employers in circumstances where a business is forced to shut down or work is limited
- Strategic steps to managing employees during COVID-19
- Safety obligations in managing a workforce – both at work and remotely
La Camara would like to thank presenters from Squire Patton Boggs Rachel Barnett, Registered Migration Agent, and Madeleine Smith, Associate in the firm’s Labour & Employment Practice Group.
We would also like to express our gratitude to Sylvia Fernandez, Vice-President of La Camara, for facilitating this webinar.
Thank you too to all our members and friends for joining this event.