30 April 2020
The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) have information on their website to help people understand the JobKeeper Payment, including important details about eligibility and key dates. To provide further assistance, they have developed JobKeeper Payment user guides for employers and sole traders explaining what they need to know and do. They also have comprehensive information for employees.
Eligible employers can now enrol for the JobKeeper Payment at ato.gov.au/JobKeeper.
Key dates and actions for eligible employers:
– From 20 April: enrol for JobKeeper payment.
– 4 May onwards: identify your employees
– By 8 May: pay your employees $1,500 for each fortnight to claim JobKeeper payments for April
– 31 May: final date to enrol to claim for JobKeeper fortnights in April and May
– Each month: reconfirm eligibility
If you need more time, you have until the end of May to enrol and identify your employees.